Time: 6 hours
Level: Advanced Beginners to Intermediate
This unusual type of Aran construction is controversial as to its historic authenticity. Nevertheless, it is a fascinating concept, which results in a stunning garment that is fun to knit. While knitting a small sampler sweater from the neck down, traditional pattern motifs will be worked, including bobbles, traveling stitches, knit/purl motifs, baby cables, background stitches, and more! The neckline studied will be shaped for a comfortable fit by utilizing increases and casting on extra stitches.
- Three oz. worsted weight wool yarn, a few yards of contrast (waste) yarn
- Sizes 3.75 mm and 4.5 mm single point or circular needles (dpns are easiest to use)
- Stitch holders, st markers, scissors, tapestry needle, cable needle
- Optional: Three 1/2″ buttons
- Sticky notes or magnetic board to keep your place on the chart
- Optional: If you are not used to working with Aran charts, you may want to bring three differently colored high-lighters to mark the symbols on the chart.